Why Train to Teach Geography with Northern Star ITT?
- Bursary of up to £25,000
- Located at the “gateway to the Yorkshire Dales National Park”
- Creative teachers with strong subject knowledge
There is no better place to open your students’ eyes to the wonder of the world around them. Geography is the study of places - their biophysical and human characteristics, their interconnections and interdependencies, and their variation across space.
With Northern Star ITT, you will train in an area of the UK rich in examples of the physical geography you will be teaching in the classroom. The Yorkshire Dales National Park and the wider Pennines not only offer easily accessible material for lessons but are also great places to spend your free time.
Trainees who have a passion for human geography will find a fascinating diversity of human environments to explore, from the rural communities of the Dales to the vibrant urban areas of West Yorkshire.
Train with Northern Star ITT; live and work in a stunning part of the country.
- An honours degree at classification 2.2 or above (or other evidence of appropriate subject knowledge)
- Advanced level qualifications (or equivalent) in Geography
- GCSE at Grade C or above in English and Maths
- Enhanced DBS, Barred List and Child Care Disqualification checks
- Medical check
|Desirable skills and qualities
- Passion for working with children and young people
- Commitment to teaching as a future career
- Resilience to meet the challenges of the training year and beyond
- Recent classroom experience in the UK (10 days recommended)
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English
- Some understanding of the key issues relating to teaching and learning in their subject area/age group