Why Train to Teach Physics with Northern Star ITT?
- Bursary of up to £27,000
- Outstanding Science/Physics Departments in partner schools
- IoP designated Skipton Girls’ as lead school for Stimulating Physics Network
- Science Learning Partnership based at Northern Star Academies Trust
- Lead school for Teacher Subject Specialist Training in Physics
Good Physics teachers are in high demand and trainees can attract a bursary of up to £26,000.
Northern Star ITT is the ideal place to train if you are a Physics specialist. Both our lead schools have outstanding Science departments which have gained a national reputation for excellence.
In collaboration with STEM Learning Limited in York, the Northern Star Academies Trust Science Learning Partnership delivers high quality professional development to new and current teachers. We have unrivalled access to high quality expertise both in our schools and beyond.
Take advantage of this opportunity and apply to train with us today
- An honours degree at classification 2.2 or above (or other evidence of appropriate subject knowledge)
- Advanced level qualifications (or equivalent) in Physics
- GCSE at Grade C or above in English and Maths
- Enhanced DBS, Barred List and Child Care Disqualification checks
- Medical check
|Desirable skills and qualities
- Passion for working with children and young people
- Commitment to teaching as a future career
- Resilience to meet the challenges of the training year and beyond
- Recent classroom experience in the UK (10 days recommended)
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English
- Some understanding of the key issues relating to teaching and learning in their subject area/age group